Monday, June 18, 2012

A Classic YouTube Hit

Back in the good ole days of the mid-2000s, I, along with my brother Charles and many of our friends, would devote a lot time to watching hilarious videos on the internet. This one is a classic:


I am a big fan of the internet video sub-genre of lip-syncing. And this video is an example of excellence within that sub-genre. I mean, there are so many great things going on here. To name a four:

(1) These guys are totally committed. They work to ensure that they fake-sing every note.
(2) They are wearing basketball jerseys. One is wearing a head-band.
(3) They are evidently in a dorm room. There's a guy sitting on the computer behind them who, although he doesn't get involved in the lip-syncing, is at least wearing a basketball jersey.
(4) The dancing is meticulously choreographed.

At 2:26, the guys break it down, and it has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the internet. I laugh every time; and when it comes to viral videos....I want it that way.

Any other fans of this video and/or the lip-syncing sub-genre out there? Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment